Friday, September 8, 2017

Wrapping Up the Week

We finished our week of inspirational math today. I skipped day 3 (cutting of shapes) because with 40 minute classes and all the paper needed to prep I decided to just move on. And I'm sure glad I did! Over the past few days we've been exploring the visual number line activity and Pascal's Triangle. In both grades I've been amazed at the level of discourse in the groups and what they've been able to uncover for new learning. All the kids have been working so hard and persevering on some challenging learning activities. I'm including some of our class conversations below to highlight the week*:

*- When summarizing as a class I've been taking pictures with my iPad and loading the photos into an app called "Notability". Once we're done, I export the note as a pdf to my google drive.  From there I use "Airserver" to broadcast my iPad onto the SMARTboard and students can follow along. This allows me to be out of the front of the class and also easily hand my iPad to a student to allow them to draw and manipulate the screen. I'm also including a table group conversation today that I recorded on my phone with an app call "AudioMemos".

Here's the rundown of the learning:
The PDF of our visual math number line.

The PDF of our work with Pascal's Triangle.

Here's the photo of the work students were talking about in the audio recording
And here's the recording of them talking about it:


No comments:

Post a Comment